Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Los Angeles smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your security system as it connects your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a single cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in complete charge of your Los Angeles home’s automation and security. Learn more about what it can do and find suggestions to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Los Angeles help you?
Wirelessly connecting to components via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You may arm or disarm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you may even chat with someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup for enhanced reliability. It also offers convenient remote operation through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s a sample of the functions you can carry out:
- View current or recorded footage from all connected surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Los Angeles by implementing schedules or initiating rules. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your doors unlock when the fire alarm triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just adhere to these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will be in your house and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and all sensors in the home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
You’ll observe a notification if something is blocking the system from arming. For example, an open window will prompt you to take action. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm your home’s security by following the above steps. You will then need to verify you would like to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Los Angeles
Even though various users can be set up when your system is installed, you will probably want to add or remove a user in the future. Here are instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote capability, choose phone or email and submit the details to deliver an invitation.
- Choose Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, just navigate to the menu, tap users, select the user you want to remove, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen interface? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Los Angeles smart home. Call (310) 861-9194 to learn more.