What should I do when my Los Angeles home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your residence – and your family – against the various risks you may experience, like burglary, fire, and flooding. Although your home may be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Los Angeles home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is often jarring, bewildering, and may incite panic. Your best bet is to stay composed and adhere to these simple guidelines.
Steps to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Los Angeles Triggers
It’s a scenario nobody wants to face, but it’s also why you ordered a home alarm system originally. You’re woken up in the wee hours of the morning with the distinct blaring of an alarm after a home security component has been triggered. What are you going to do?
- Stay calm. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blaring, and your pulse is pounding. But staying calm is the optimal way to assess what’s going on. Avoid the temptation of trying to deal with the emergency yourself instead let your monitoring experts and first responders do their job.
- Protect your family. Your priority should be your family and getting them out of danger. If you are dealing with a intrusion, this might mean proceeding to an appointed safe zone as far from points of entry as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm immediately frightened away the trespasser, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s smoke or a blaze, please exit your home immediately.
- Don’t forget your smartphone. Nowadays, almost all people take their smartphones at all times, but you may fail to grab it during an emergency. Try to remember it. You’ll be able to stay in touch with your monitoring specialists and obtain alerts through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24-hour Monitoring Team
Whenever your home alarm system in Los Angeles goes off, your 24/7 monitoring professionals will instantly act. Their first move is to confirm your alarm, and that includes communicating with you. The guideline they adhere to is dependent on the sort of emergency. To illustrate, when a medical emergency is initiated, a single attempt will be made to contact you before assistance is sent out. In the event of a break-in - the most typical sort of event - a monitoring professional will abide by these steps to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to contact you using the central command panel. You will typically be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that effort isn’t successful, a call is attempted to your primary contact number.
- An alternate number or your first contact person is called next.
- If there is still no answer, local police officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring specialists will try to reach you again after emergency personnel are alerted.
If you're not in a position to interact with monitoring agents, that’s OK. Help will still be dispatched even if you're not available to substantiate the emergency.
Prepare for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Los Angeles
Be prepared for any emergency with a modern home alarm system in Los Angeles from Vivint. Call (310) 861-9194 to begin the customization of your home’s defense today.